Book Reviews from Christian E-Authors

Christian E-Authors post excerpts and links to reviews of e-books and books from small presses. Books may be fiction or nonfiction; Christian or secular; adult, young adult, or children - but all recommended books will be family-friendly.

Friday, April 29, 2005

An Inspirational Western!

Okay, this isn't really a "small press" title, but it's so unusual I wanted to post my review here. This is a Christian western!

"When Amos Taylor steals a parson's clothes, he thinks he's found the ideal disguise to hide his life of crime. . .until the local residents start expecting Amos to actually serve as their preacher!. . . the Lord works in Mysterious Ways."

Terry Burns has a way with characterization, and his inspirational western "Mysterious Ways" kept me turning the pages until the end. Not an easy feat, because I usually shy away from westerns. But this story, with clean language, a quick paced-plot and Scriptural content, compelled me to keep on reading. I will be watching for Terry's next book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home